ASR is the voice of professional services, aiming to secure Australia’s place in the global economy
ASR is the only dedicated whole-of-services industry organisation and is part of the Global Services Coalition (GSC). Currently, services do not register sufficiently on Australia’s public policy radar. There has been no national research effort, and services do not feature in any of the Government’s national competitiveness strategies. Creating a national services competitiveness strategy is essential as we move away from a resource focused economy. With up to 1.5 billion people moving into Asia’s middle class over the next 15 years, Australia must ensure it is in the best position to take advantage of the opportunities at our doorstep.
- We seek to develop the Australian professional services sector and facilitate market opportunities for our stakeholders.
- We see services productivity, competitiveness, skills innovation and investment into human capital infrastructure pivotal to the success of professional services.
- We support and ensure efficient regulatory settings for the services sector. Australia’s success is built on this.
- We create new international services trade opportunities, investment channels and lead national research efforts to improve statistical data bases.
- Business intelligence
- Research Policy formulation
- Digital transformation solutions
- Industry representation
- Networking access
- Policy discussions & GSC involvement
- Financial Services
- Professional Services
- Health Service Providers
- Export Education Services
- Environmental Services
- Energy Services
- Information Technology
- Standards and Conformance
- Media & Entertainment
- Cultural & Other Business Services
- Trade Policy
- Industry Development
- Competition Policy
- Investment Policy
- Immigration Policy
- Taxation Policy
- Digital Innovation
- World Trade Organisation (WTO)
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)
- Free Trade Agreements
- Other bilateral & regional agreements